A volunteer is required to work in the repair and maintenance of our talking books players. ½ day per week 10am – 2pm.
You would be working in a workshop with the required tools alongside other technical staff.
You will need to have a technical background as the tasks involve working on electronic equipment.
Main duties include: fault finding, repair, updating software, cleaning, dismantling and assembly and depending on ability, even repair.
Good hand - eye coordination and dexterity are required for this role.
Skills and Attributes:
- Awareness of working with people who have a disability or sensory loss.
- High interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated competency in guiding techniques prior to commencing duties
- Ability to interact and communicate with others.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required.
- Good hand - eye coordination and dexterity
- Volunteer Essentials
- Role specific (as required)